Friday, January 15, 2010

I am a Caducean by heart and measures

I hate essays, my sentence structure is not that good and English Class is not even my much loved subject. And now I kept on asking myself why I decided to join Caduceus and be a journalist? In point of fact writing is not my hobby because I find it mind-numbing. Why should I misuse my time of reconstructing sentences and checking grammars? Perchance I can do other things which are more amusing? But when I started to join Caduceus, I learned a lot and I discovered that I have potentials of being a journalist and all I have to do is to improve it. However, I deem that Caduceus is my stepping stone to reinvent myself and bring out the best in me.

During my past few months as a journalist, I have a tremendous experience in dealing with people with complementary personalities and viewpoint in life, from student to professors, professors to school administrators. I was uncovered to the groups of Perpetualites whom I considered a family. Through news writing, it helps me to understand the real value of service. My first reason in joining in the publication is that I want to see my name on publish and others will acknowledge my work. But when I was already part of the Caduceus Family, this discernment was distorted. I learned that I don’t have to be a campus publication member to achieve acknowledgment from others, or to improve my writing skills and verify that I am the best. I’m here in this organization to render service, which is the significant lesson that a journalist must find out.

As a member of this publication, I bump into instances that a average student doesn’t know, and that’s my contractual obligation to notify them. Caduceus educated me to be concerned for others, even those persons whom I don’t care about. Truly, it hurts a lot when I see students who don’t even care to read the issues of CNO and the most awful thing is every now and then they treated it as a junk. But in this case, it gives a gigantic challenge for me, which is to induce these people to care for what is happening around them.

Being a journalist is really hard-hitting. Through your writings you could picture things which were not supposed to be uncovered. And conceivably it’s not that unproblematic as you think. You have to be enthusiastic and well provoked. Writing news is not a trouble-free as what, where, when and how in the story, it has a deeper gist further than that. It must be particular and not foregone conclusion.

CNO was a dream come true for me, I take the qualifying exam though I was on the boarder line and thanks to them for giving me another chance to prove myself. I don’t want to waste the second chance they gave to me; as an alternative, it serves as my fighting strength of mind to do all my errands on time. Interacting and working with CNO Staff was indeed fun, taking into consideration that we have diverse personalities. On the other hand, we are prominent as one. Why? Because our diversity is integrated by one principle. which is SERVICE.

And now I persuade you to adhere in our publication, you have to bear in mind that the staff doesn’t focus at your writing skills or how you can conceptualize and construct your own artwork. You don’t need to be ideal in each photo that you take. What’s even more imperative is to have the heart that will help you to endure in this toxic life. Furthermore, my learning in school doesn’t impound in hefty textbooks and class discussions. Thus my experiences helped me to learn, learn about life and authenticity.

With all the hardships I’ve been through in this organization is not a impediment to stop or be unhappy from what I am doing. Instead I have to be pompous and contented that I have my own family in school that’s eager to offer service to the student body.

No comments: